We all know who to go to if you want a solid, no-holds-barred performance of a cranky old coot. His name is Tom Hickey and he is the new face for us to get behind. His star has taken off.
From his younger days at Strawdog Theatre, to his Bic Pen commercials, we can all agree that a man this great deserves a great dinner for a big artistic appetite.
Try this at home or at a party for friends...
It's Tom Hickey's Cranberry Ribs!!
- 3 pounds pork loin back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Heinz® Gourmet Red-Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Spray 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut ribs into 2-rib portions; place in slow cooker covering entire bottom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir together cranberry sauce, chili sauce, onion, vinegar and garlic. Spoon over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Discard liquid.
Makes 6 servings!