Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Being Tired (early fatherhood review)


This is me at 2 months old, already feeling tired because of some OTHER baby

Yep, you get tired.  Really, really tired.  And there's no time to really do anything else but take care of your baby.  Or take out the trash.  Or do the dishes.  Or play with the baby so mom can take a 5 minute shower.

So tired.  I mean, wasted.  Pooped.  GONE.  And forget about seeing plays, or movies, or even TV.  I think during his first month of life I would watch the local news and "I Love The 70s" on VH1.  Those were the only programs that my mind could tolerate.

I so thought I would hate this.  My non-baby self was dreading the horrible tiredness and the changes and all that.  But then he goes ahead and does this:


And I don't care how tired I am.  But...no matter what...I still can't stand being covered in his shit and puke.

Oh well.  Keep smiling through that vomit, bud.

-Eric Roach, Anderson Lawfer


1 comment:

  1. Check it. It's not gonna end buddy. My girls are 2.5 and 4.5, and I'm still tired.

    ReplyDelete