Friday, January 28, 2011

Eric and Andy: Explore your Zeitgeist


We asked theatre heroes to talk about us and how great we are. Here's the first post from theatre critic and teacher Rob Kozlowski.
 
If you've ever seen the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey, you know that David Bowman transforms into the Star Child, representing the next step of human evolution. Eric and Andy are the Star Child. Not only have they contributed to the theater community with their tireless campaign for things being awesome but they have the potential to bring peace and happiness to the world as Benevolent Dictators of the Planet. Let me put it this way: They are the two greatest human beings that ever walked the face of the earth. All the prophets of all the religions of the world could not carry the jocks of these two outstanding gentlemen. True, I have never met these men nor have I ever spoken to them and I don't even know what they do on a daily basis. In fact, I've never even heard of them, and I'm not even writing this. But you can trust me: Soon you will pledge your undying devotion and obedience to them and will be willing to give your left arm to earn the right to lick the bottoms of their shoes after they've walked through a field of shit. Eric and Andy: They are the messiah, all rolled up in two.


-Rob Kozlowski

No comments:

Post a Comment