Monday, August 3, 2009

El Grito del Bronx (Goodman Theatre)

El Grito Del Bronx Goodman Theater

This new play, El Grito whatever, is a fun take on domestic violence, told through the eyes of a hallucenogenic memoryscape.

I didn't understand the language, as I am not bilingual, but I know that the character "Papo" was mean, and sometimes nice.

The Goodman theater has become known for doing new, risky, exciting work in the Chicago theatre scene.

Anthony Mosely, a hero in the non-equity world for his other directing times, really acts like he is tickled pink for a chance to work with such great Mexican actors.

This play was an amazing night of experiences, and I am grateful to God that I could see it.
Run, don't walk to see El Grit de la cha whatever it is.
-Anderson Lawfer, Eric Roach

No comments:

Post a Comment